Intensive Family Support is a new program run by Mossman Support Services in conjunction with Act for Kids. The Intensive Family Support (IFS) program provides case management support for parents and family members who may be feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope.The IFS service accepts eligible referrals from the Family and Child Connect, Department of Child Safety, prescribed entities, community agencies and self-referrals from families.
Our Intensive Family Support Program places a strong focus on empowering you and building on your strengths by:
- Addressing issues such as domestic violence, mental health and substance abuse.
- Developing stronger life skills such as setting routines, budgeting and managing the household.
- Parenting support and strategies to build positive family relationships
- Managing stress to cope with daily pressures.
- Providing child health and wellbeing resources.
- Linking into services that support your child’s development.
- Connecting you with local services, playgroups and other social networks
- Supporting families with their cultural needs.
- Anything else that worries you.
Our Intensive Family Support Program is designed for parents/caregivers, and their children, to help them overcome their experiences and challenges. This is a free service and available to families in the Douglas Shire and Northern Beaches.
Operating Hours - Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
Location- 6 Mill Street, Mossman
Further Information- To make an appointment please call 0477 898 060