SHAPING CHILDREN'S FUTURES THROUGH PLAY
Connecting Children, families and Communities
A fun, stimulating environment providing free play based activities, educational play and social interaction for parents and children to age 5 yrs. The Mossman Moppets Playgroup offers babies and young children a wide variety of fun experiences that help them to learn about their world, make friends and develop new skills.
Playgroups provide mums, dads, grandparents and caregivers a chance to meet and build friendships, which allows for a safe environment to share ideas and experiences.
Families at Playgroup can facilitate children’s play and learning by providing a rich, learning environment, time to interact with their peers, and activities to bond with their caregivers.
Our playgroup sessions have a regular routine in a safe outdoor play area with group story/ music time and a range of organised activities for babies and toddlers. The group continues to meet during most school holidays.
At Playgroup your child will:
- have fun
- learn how to take turns
- socialise with other children and adults
- learn and develop new skills
- listen to music and stories
- develop problem solving and negotiation skills
- explore by playing with water and sand, by painting and trying other kinds of art experiences
At Playgroup you will:
- enjoy activities outside of the home
- make new friends
- share experiences
- play and learn
- help run the Playgroup
- see your child learn and develop new skills
- get involved in your local community
- learn about local services
- We are open to all members of the local community
- Friday mornings 9.30-11.30 am
20 Mill St, Mossman
- call 40 98 2005
- drop in to the Centre
- email firstname.lastname@example.org